The fundamental scope of this role is to design extrusion die assemblies that meet customer requirements.
- New product design concept generation and research.
- Define customer requirements using job quotation, purchase order, and customer interactions (emails, phone calls, conference calls).
- Develop design concept to meet customer requirements.
- Develop the detailed design based on customer requirements utilizing SolidWorks (CFD/CAE programs), database searches, along with proprietary design tools.
- Prepare design to be released to operations for manufacture by ensuring accurate and complete drawings and BOMs
- Perform project reviews to define and implement process/product improvements.
- Presenting to customers and at trade shows.
Position Knowledge/Skills /Requirements:
- Strong knowledge of SolidWorks
- Sound problem-solving skills.
- Ability to create machinist blueprints.
- Fundamentals of Engineering design principles.
BSME or equivalent.
- Strong interpersonal skills in working with others.
- Sound decision-making.
- Solid written, verbal and presentation skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- A continuous learner.
- Attention to detail.
- Willingness to travel.
- Knowledge of CFD/CAE programs.
- A strong desire to develop one's skills, talents, and knowledge to eventually move into a technical sales role a plus.
- Computer coding is a plus.
Hourly wage: Commensurate with experience.
- Health-Individual Plan n/c.
- Dental-Individual Plan n/c.
- Low-cost Vision Plan.
- Vacation time.
- 401k Retirement Plan/Match up to 3%.
- On bus route
“WE ARE AN EQUAL/OPPORTUNITY AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER”.
About the Company:
Guill Tool & Engineering is recognized as the extrusion technology leader in the design and manufacture of plastic extrusion tooling worldwide. Guill maintains the most technically capable workforce committed to the continued success of our customers by providing quality extrusion tooling.